As part of a $1.5 million dollar Colorado Department of Health and Environment (CDPHE) tobacco-tax funded grant, Greening the City worked with OV Consulting to implement the first year of the grant for Jefferson County Public Health. Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitation of two regional coalitions (Active Living and Healthy Eating)
- Develop and execute strategic planning for coalition priorities, activities, and expenditures
- Urban, transit, and environmental policy assessments
- Development, write-up, and adoption of Active Living and Healthy Eating Plan for each coalition
- Working with Jefferson County Public Health and the Kaiser Permanente (the evaluator) to develop evaluation metrics that aligned across platforms
- Development of a Communications Strategy
Greening the City also worked as a Built Environment Coordinator at Jefferson County Public Health, and conducted an in-depth best practice/evidenced based review of policy and built environment practices that increase rates of active living.